This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Wh3nR3d Staff 8 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Kevin Schneider
    Participant

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to thank the Ricefield team for setting up the Chinese Library in the Baltic Chambers. While the library might seem small at first, the collection of books (in Chinese and English language) is absolutely great! The topics include Chinese arts, culture, history, politics, classic & contemporary fiction, Chinese language learning, and many more.

I returned my first book to the library yesterday: Mary Tregear: Chinese Art; Thames & Hudson (see photo). It is an enjoyable, condensed compendium of the history of Chinese arts and I can highly recommend it. It shows exemplary artworks (also in pictures) of the most important periods in China’s rich art history, from pottery in the Neolithic to modern painting. I was particularly fascinated by the high degree of connectedness among the different art movements and how innovative the Chinese arts have been throughout the millennia.

… and now I am reading a book about Chinese history for travellers. I can’t wait to return to China! While flying there might not be very eco-friendly, borrowing books definitely is!

Cheers!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Wh3nR3d Staff
    Keymaster

Thank you for your sharing, Kevin!

We would like to show our library to everyone. Please find the pictures attached!

We LOVE our library!!!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.