This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Lindsey Ricefield 9 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Lindsey Ricefield
    Participant

Our world is now 1C warmer than it was in pre-industrial levels. There has been devastating hurricanes, record droughts and large scale forest fires across the globe this year and the UN Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) makes clear that climate change is already happening. We must limit the global temperature rise to reduce the impact on the planet.

The When Red, Go Green project would like to gather together like-minded people to form a community action ‘group’ to champion individuals across Glasgow to change their behaviours from that of carbon-emission-heavy to eco-friendly.

Who would be interested in hearing more about this action ‘group’?

Kevin Schneider
    Participant

I think this is a great idea! While most people are probably aware of many of their carbon-emission-heavy behaviours, they are often not able to see easy alternatives. Maybe what is needed are climate change ‘role models’ who show that living with a low carbon footprint does not necessarily mean that your life becomes less convenient, comfortable, and enjoyable, but that an eco-friendly lifestyle can lead to a healthier and more fulfilling life overall.

Thank you for starting this initiative!

Lindsey Ricefield
    Participant

Hi Kevin and thank you for your response! I think you are absolutely right and with a few climate change role models profiles for our site I think we can inspire others to adopt behaviours without a massive impact on their life! Are you keen yourself to be part of the action group?

DanDan
    Participant

I would like to join! I believe small changes in individuals’ lives can make a big change in the world! I participated in some of your events. I enjoyed it a lot. Thank you! I love your library as well! Hope more people can join our “group”! Let’s change the world! 🙂

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Kevin Schneider
    Participant

Yes, I am also keen to join. 🙂

Lindsey Ricefield
    Participant

Great news DanDan! We have 3 people keen to be involved in climate change action group so far. We’ll be planning the first meeting in 2019 for all interested people to get together and discuss what we’d like to achieve as a group. It would be great to hear some of your ideas / thoughts in advance of what we could do with the community regarding carbon-heavy behaviours?

I would also invite you to join our next climate change conversation event, happening on Wednesday 5th Dec, more details here: http://ricefieldgogreen.org.uk/event/have-yourself-a-very-eco-christmas

Lindsey Ricefield
    Participant

Hi Kevin! Great, we would be looking to meet in early 2019 as a group, let me know what ideas / thoughts you have about what the group could aim to achieve / discuss

Also, we have our next climate change event on Wednesday 5th Dec where we will be discussing things people can do to be more eco-friendly during the festive period if you are free and interested to come along 🙂 thanks! http://ricefieldgogreen.org.uk/event/have-yourself-a-very-eco-christmas

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.